West Auckland Parents Centre is affiliated with Parents Centres New Zealand, and is one of over 50 Parents Centres in New Zealand. Each centre is organised by a local volunteer committee of parents who plan and run programmes to meet the needs of their community.
Parents Centres have 4 main purposes:
- Childbirth Education
- Parent Education
- Parent Support
- Advocacy and Lobbying
West Auckland Parents Centre covers the wider West Auckland area from Pt Chevalier, Avondale, Blockhouse Bay up to Helensville.
For more information on the courses and services provided by West Auckland Parents Centre email email@example.com
We are grateful for the support of our partners:
Email our Membership Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Membership per year||$85|
Your membership to West Auckland Parents Centre includes:
- Exclusive Special Discount Shopping Days at The Baby Factory (New Lynn & Henderson)
- Special prices on Blankets, Wheat Bags & Nature’s Sway Products
- Discounted products from other Retailers
- Free access to the Library with over 100 books covering pregnancy, childcare, etc. (more info)
- 6 issues of the national Parent Centre magazine “Kiwiparent”
- 6 issues of our local newsletter “Tiny Talk” (more info)
- We hire out TENS machines (more info)
- Advance notice and discounts for Parent Education courses
- Telephone Support/Liaison for breastfeeding, bottle feeding, caesarean, post natal depression, premature births and miscarriages
- Social Events periodically through the year
- Coffee groups
Why not give your time to make a difference to parenting and families in your local community. Please get in touch to find out more about the currently available roles!
Helping to make West Auckland Parents Centre a success is the passion and commitment of our volunteers. Willingly donating their time and skills, our volunteers help to deliver events, organise fundraising activities, running and hosting our courses and much more.
We are always looking for extra help and support. If you feel you are able to contribute, membership of the committee offers exciting opportunities to showcase your skills.
- Share your knowledge and ideas
- Develop skills useful for a paid career, personal improvement or parenting
- Help other new parents by supporting and valuing their role
- Make friends and enjoy the company of other adults in similar situations
- Spend at least one evening a month out on your own without your children!
- Attend our Parent Education Courses for a reduced fee
- Get a $20 reduction in your annual membership fee
- Participate in our regular committee social get-togethers
We value our volunteers and respect individual levels of commitment. We are very flexible; as parents ourselves, we understand the need for family to come first.
If you are keen to be involved, contact us detailing your interests and time commitment.
Ways You can help us
There are many giving opportunities available. To learn how to sponsor a program or event, to volunteer your time, or provide other financial or in-kind contributions, please contact us or email email@example.com.
West Auckland Parents Centre relies on sponsorships, grants, and contributions to fund our annual budget. A WAPC sponsorship not only increases your visibility within the community, it also offers opportunities to connect with other philanthropists and community leaders, and it associates your organization with quality programming that demonstrates your commitment to enhance the quality of life our community.
We are pleased to offer a number of sponsor benefits and additional opportunities for visibility may be available. For more information about becoming a WAPC sponsor, please contact us or email firstname.lastname@example.org.