West Auckland Parents Centre offer a comprehensive childbirth education course to help you and your partner prepare for having a baby.
Our 6 week evening childbirth education course is taught by a qualified Childbirth Educator, so you can be sure of receiving all the information you’ll need to help you understand pregnancy, labour and birth. We limit the numbers on each course to ensure good educator to participant ratios so early booking is recommended.
The Childbirth Education course covers:
- Foetal positioning, pregnancy and pelvis anatomy plus their role in labour and birth
- Signs and stages of labour
- Self-help pain relief options
- Medical pain relief, obstetric interventions and their alternatives
- The birth process
- Making an informed decision on Vitamin K and vaccinations
- Breastfeeding and new-born care
- The postnatal period and postnatal emotions
- Support during labour and birth and support in the community
- A Saturday morning session covering Practical Parenting issues such as bedding, bathing, winding, nappies and clothing.
- A visit to the Plunket Family Centre
Our Childbirth Education package includes:
- 6 week evening childbirth education course, including practical parenting topics
- Placement in coffee group
- Postnatal support opportunities
- Membership to West Auckland Parents Centre & our national body, Parents Centre New Zealand
- Big discounts on our parent education courses.
- Subscription to our national magazine, KiwiParent and the West Auckland Parents Centre newsletter, Tiny Talk.
Location: Our classes are usually at Kelston Community Centre on the corner of Great North Road and Awaroa Road. This can occasionally change but you will be advised at the time of booking.
Please contact our Childbirth Education Bookings Co-ordinator for information about availability and bookings by emailing email@example.com
|Education Package with 1 year membership||$245|
|Education Package with 2 year membership||$315|
Full payment is required upon enrolment.
|Course||Day of Week||Start||End||Time||Practical|
|2101||Saturday||Jan 09||Jan 23||9am - 4pm||Jan 16||Feb 01 - Mar 05||Closed|
|2102||Monday||Jan 18||Mar 1||7pm - 9pm||Feb 20||Mar 06 - Mar 29||Closed|
|2103||Thursday||Feb 11||Mar 18||7pm - 9pm||Feb 27||Apr 01 - May 02||Closed|
|2104||Tuesday||Mar 16||Apr 20||7pm - 9pm||Apr 10||May 03 - Jun 02||Closed|
|2105||Thursday||Apr 15||May 20||7pm - 9pm||May 01||Jun 03 - Jul 04||Closed|
|2106||Tuesday||May 18||Jun 22||7pm - 9pm||Jun 12||Jul 05 - Aug 04||Enquire|
|2107||Thursday||Jun 17||Jul 22||7pm - 9pm||Jul 10||Aug 05 - Sep 05||Closed|
|2108||Tuesday||Jul 20||Aug 24||7pm - 9pm||Aug 14||Sep 06 - Oct 06||Enquire|
|2109||Thursday||Aug 19||Sep 23||7pm - 9pm||Sep 11||Oct 07 - Nov 07||Enquire|
|2110||Tuesday||Sep 21||Oct 26||7pm - 9pm||Oct 16||Nov 08 - Dec 08||Enquire|
|2111||Thursday||Oct 21||Nov 25||7pm - 9pm||Nov 13||Dec 09 - Jan 02||Enquire|
|2112||Monday||Nov 15||Dec 20||7pm - 9pm||Dec 11||Jan 03 - Jan 31||Enquire|