***During the COVID-19 lockdown and also while face to face groups are limited in size, all WAPC Antenatal classes are taking place via online video conference***
West Auckland Parents Centre offer a comprehensive childbirth education course to help you and your partner prepare for having a baby.
Our 6 week evening childbirth education course is taught by a qualified Childbirth Educator, so you can be sure of receiving all the information you’ll need to help you understand pregnancy, labour and birth. We limit the numbers on each course to ensure good educator to participant ratios so early booking is recommended.
The Childbirth Education course covers:
- Foetal positioning, pregnancy and pelvis anatomy plus their role in labour and birth
- Signs and stages of labour
- Self-help pain relief options
- Medical pain relief, obstetric interventions and their alternatives
- The birth process
- Making an informed decision on Vitamin K and vaccinations
- Breastfeeding and new-born care
- The postnatal period and postnatal emotions
- Support during labour and birth and support in the community
- A Saturday morning session covering Practical Parenting issues such as bedding, bathing, winding, nappies and clothing.
- A visit to the Plunket Family Centre
Our Childbirth Education package includes:
- 6 week evening childbirth education course, including practical parenting topics
- Placement in coffee group
- Postnatal support opportunities
- Membership to West Auckland Parents Centre & our national body, Parents Centre New Zealand
- Big discounts on our parent education courses.
- Subscription to our national magazine, KiwiParent and the West Auckland Parents Centre newsletter, Tiny Talk.
Location: Our classes are usually at Kelston Community Centre on the corner of Great North Road and Awaroa Road. This can occasionally change but you will be advised at the time of booking.
Please contact our Childbirth Education Bookings Co-ordinator for information about availability and bookings by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
|Education Package with 1 year membership||$150|
|Education Package with 2 year membership||$220|
|For courses commencing from 1 April 2020 (Due to no grant funding)|
|Education Package with 1 year membership||$245|
|Education Package with 2 year membership||$315|
Full payment is required upon enrolment.
|Course||Day of Week||Start||End||Time||Practical|
|2001*||Saturday||Jan 18||Feb 08||9am - 4pm||Feb 01||Feb 10 - Mar 21||Closed|
|2002*||Monday||Jan 13||Feb 24||7pm - 9pm||Feb 08||Mar 08 - Apr 01||Closed|
|2003||Thursday||Feb 13||Mar 19||7pm - 9pm||Mar 07||Apr 02 - May 09||Closed|
|2004*||Monday||Mar 16||Apr 27||7pm - 9pm||Apr 18||May 10 - Jun 03||Closed|
|2005||Thursday||Apr 16||May 21||7pm - 9pm||May 09||Jun 04 - Jul 05||Closed|
|2006||Tuesday||May 19||Jun 23||7pm - 9pm||Jun 13||Jul 06 - Aug 05||Enquire|
|2007||Thursday||Jun 18||Jul 23||7pm - 9pm||Jul 11||Aug 06 - Sep 05||Enquire|
|2008||Monday||Jul 20||Aug 24||7pm - 9pm||Aug 15||Sep 06 - Oct 07||Enquire|
|2009||Thursday||Aug 20||Sep 24||7pm - 9pm||Sep 12||Oct 08 - Oct 31||Enquire|
|2010||Monday||Sep 14||Oct 19||7pm - 9pm||Oct 10||Nov 01 - Dec 07||Enquire|
|2011||Thursday||Oct 20||Nov 24||7pm - 9pm||Nov 12||Dec 08 - Jan 02||Enquire|
|2012||Tuesday||Nov 16||Dec 21||7pm - 9pm||Dec 12||Jan 03 - Feb 01||Enquire|