West Auckland Parents Centre offer a comprehensive childbirth education course to help you and your partner prepare for having a baby.
Our 6 week evening childbirth education course is taught by a qualified Childbirth Educator, so you can be sure of receiving all the information you’ll need to help you understand pregnancy, labour and birth. We limit the numbers on each course to ensure good educator to participant ratios so early booking is recommended.
The Childbirth Education course covers:
- Foetal positioning, pregnancy and pelvis anatomy plus their role in labour and birth
- Signs and stages of labour
- Self-help pain relief options
- Medical pain relief, obstetric interventions and their alternatives
- The birth process
- Making an informed decision on Vitamin K and vaccinations
- Breastfeeding and new-born care
- The postnatal period and postnatal emotions
- Support during labour and birth and support in the community
- A Saturday morning session covering Practical Parenting issues such as bedding, bathing, winding, nappies and clothing.
- A visit to the Plunket Family Centre
Our Childbirth Education package includes:
- 6 week evening childbirth education course, including practical parenting topics
- Placement in coffee group
- Postnatal support opportunities
- Membership to West Auckland Parents Centre & our national body, Parents Centre New Zealand
- 80% Discounts on our parent education courses.
- Subscription to our national magazine, KiwiParent and the West Auckland Parents Centre newsletter, Tiny Talk.
Location: Kelston Community Centre
Please contact our Childbirth Education Bookings Co-ordinator for information about availability and bookings by emailing email@example.com
|Education Package with 1 year membership||$150|
|Education Package with 2 year membership||$220|
Full payment is required upon enrolment.