A 3 week evening course that parents and caregivers to build strong and caring relationships with their children, whilst giving clear boundaries.
This course will cover:
- The 6 Principles of Effective Discipline and how they apply in your own life.
- The developmental stages and milestones of pre-schoolers.
- Positive and effective communication techniques to engage children’s cooperation.
- The importance of routine and structure and practical strategies for use in your own life.
- Why it is important to allow children to express their feelings and how they do this.
- Practical techniques for helping children express and deal with their feelings.
- The difference between discipline and punishment.
- Negative outcomes of physical discipline of children and negative behaviour triggers.
- Non physical discipline techniques and ways they can be used within a family setting.
We are currently applying for grant funding to run this course.
Let us know if you or a group of friends would like to attend! Email firstname.lastname@example.org