CPR and First Aid
CPR and First Aid is a two hour, Saturday course. You will learn CPR skills, perfect for baby sitters, caregivers, grandparents and parents as well as parents to be. This is the ideal course also if you have not attended a CPR course for a few years, as it always pays to keep these skills updated!
We also include a number of accident situations (burns, head injuries, etc), general illness (fevers, coughs and colds in a baby, knowing when to take you baby or toddler to the doctor) and child safety in car seats and around the home.
Our classes are run by a trained first aid instructor and specifically focus on first aid for infants and children.
The course covers:
- CPR (practice with manikins);
- Choke-rescue techniques (practice with manikins);
- Child-specific illnesses (croup, febrile convulsions, meningitis, etc – how to recognise them and what to do about them);
- Dealing with other emergency situations such as burns, allergic reactions, poisonings, bangs on the head, broken bones, etc;
- Common childhood illnesses (fevers, coughs, colds, tummy bugs, etc);
- How to recognise when you need to take your baby or toddler to the doctor;
- Safety around the home;
- Child car restraints.
Our sessions include time for questions and plenty of practice time on both infant and child mannequins. Everyone on the course receives a booklet, to complement the explanations and demonstrations on the course.
Location: Kelston Community Centre
Bookings are essential for this course. For information or bookings email firstname.lastname@example.org or click the Book link.
|CPR1901||Sat Feb 09||2:30pm – 4:30pm||Full|
|CPR1902||Sat Mar 23||2:30pm – 4:30pm||Full|
|CPR1903||Sat May 04||2:30pm – 4:30pm||Full|
|CPR1904||Sat Jun 29||2:30pm – 4:30pm||Full|
|CPR1905||Sat Aug 03||2:30pm – 4:30pm||Book|
|CPR1906||Sat Sep 14||2:30pm – 4:30pm||Book|
|CPR1907||Sat Oct 19||2:30pm – 4:30pm||Book|
|CPR1908||Sat Nov 30||2:30pm – 4:30pm||Book|
Member pricing supported by a generous grant from the Lottery Grants Board